Listen to this article
After a long wait we have finally released version 1.0.4 of thirty bees. This latest version of thirty bees includes many new features and speed improvements to make our software more modern and feature packed. It also includes a ton of bug fixes as well.
New in the 1.0.4 release is our core Stats module. This module replaces 23 modules that were installed in the earlier versions. No statistics features have been lost with the new stats core. This is our first effort in cleaning up the modules page in your shop. Having 23 less modules in the list means less scrolling, less looking at modules that should be one module, and a shorter more compact module list.
Also in 1.0.4 we have ajaxed the image regeneration. This means you no longer have to keep refreshing the page and regenerating images. You can now just press a button and have the images run in the same browser window. This is a huge improvement over the previous system and offers a set it and walk away method for resizing or adjusting the quality of images on your site.
Better Favicon Support
Favicons have always been an issue. Did you know that there are over 25 different supported favicon and device icon sizes and types? This version adds an easily updatable interface for providing support to all of these types. With the new favicon management system, you will no longer have to upgrade versions to support the latest size for devices or browsers.
This is the heart of the new release. There have been several hundred bug fixes over the last several months. These bug fixes deal with everything from the installer, the theme, and the core of the application. Since version 1.0.3 there have been 805 commits to this version. This means there are a ton of small bug fixes, new features, and speed improvements.
This version of thirty bees is not currently in our updater. We are reworking our updater to be more flexible and more stable in the future. As most of our community knows we are a small team of developers, so every little bit of time we can save adds up. Our new version of our updater will allow us to programatically generate updates, without having to package them specifically for each version of thirty bees.
To update your shop to version 1.0.4 you will need to do a manual update. Below are the steps to manually update your shop to 1.0.4
- Download the 1.0.4 zip package here
- Extract the zip package
- DELETE the install directory from the zip package
- RENAME the admin directory to the same name as your current admin directory
- PERFORM A FULL BACK UP ON YOUR SITE
- TURN OFF ALL CACHES ON YOUR SHOP and SET IT TO FORCE COMPILE
- Upload the files that are remaining from the zip archive to your site
- Go to the config directory and edit the settings.inc.php file, update your version to 1.0.4
- Go to PHPMyAdmin or you MySQL interface and run the query in this file here
- Go to your modules directory and DELETE all of your stats module except statsdata and statsmodule. Also delete the modules graphnvd3, gridhtml, pagesnotfound, and sekeywords.
- Now log in to your back office, the upgrade should be finished
- Go to your modules page and install the module labeled Stats Module
This should be all you need to do to be able to enjoy the new features and bug fixes that thirty bees 1.0.4 has to offer.
If you do not feel comfortable upgrading your shop, we have added a low cost upgrade option to our store where you can hire thirty bees to upgrade your shop.
With there being so many commits and bug fixes in this version it would take hours to go back through everyone and find every name of every person that committed code or helped with a bug fix. I think naming the ones I can think of off the top of my head would be unfair to the people that I forget. The whole thirty bees team would like to thank each and every one of you that has helped make thirty bees better. Either by committing code or reporting bugs that you have noticed. Without our community we are nothing, thank you all.