We are happy to announce that thirty bees version 1.3 has been released.
This is a major release and unless security updates are needed, we expect this version to be here for the long term. Next major version 1.4 will be released in approximately 6 months.
What is added in functionality in thirty bees 1.3?
Please check carefully if you need to change something like translate or updating mail templates.
We have added:
- merge accounts of users (old + new email can be merged) – Passwords will not be sent by email but can be changed by clicking the recovery link in the email (update template if you customised it)
- coreupdater – new version that tracks errors so we can follow-up on upgrade issues
- work queue – mechanism to execute work jobs asynchronously in order to speed up request processing
- theme extensions – ability to extend themes, which allows us to introduce new front office features like new password reset
- work on php8 compatibility – module installation overhaul (1.6 still supported)
- product page tabs permissions – one can give for example a translator only access to certain parts
Also note that version 1.3 is the last version that supports php 5.6. If your store still runs on this old php version, please update soon. If you fail to do so, you won’t be able to update to the next major releases.
We have to introduce new perks for super awesome backers and higher!
- Super Awesome Backer: We aim to view your post within a few days and will give you an answer and direction to look in to the problem so you can try solving it yourself. (Mention @datakick in your post)
- Bronze Sponsor We aim to view your post within a 3 days, and provide a concrete solution. (Mention @datakick in your post)
- Silver Sponsor We aim to view your post within a 48 hours, and provide a solution that you can directly implement.
- Gold Sponsor We aim to view your post within a 24 hours, and provide a solution that you can directly implement.
How to use this service? Well you have to sign up as backer and after the first month we will start fulfil the backers advantages. If you then post a topic on forum just send the topic link in a private message to @datakick he will then take care of you! If you think we can do this even better, just let us know your ideas and we will try to enhance the backers program. You can post your topic in a regular forum or in the supporters forum.
And as always: Don’t forget to join as a backer! Small or big we enjoy the beer we can buy from it. You can become a supporter for as little as $5 per month. And when you tip in more we can make nice enhancements to thirty bees.